Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Know It's Silly, But...

Sometimes I believe in silly things.

Like fate.
But only when it's really silly.

Like if you had written six posts centering on--or at least mentioning--yummy-smelling boy, wouldn't you think it was fate if....
  • You had dressed up for a ward Father's Day party and looked particularly fetching (mostly because  you had spent an entire week in smelly workclothes and an apron)
  • Your hair was done and not in a ponytail
  • You had decided on a whim to text your best friend Joe and say, "Hey man! How do you feel about going to a movie?"
  • He had said, "Sure, what movie?"
  • You had said, "Well, I'm at a ward party so I can't look them up. You suggest one."
  • Your best friend, Joe, suggested How to Train Your Dragon which you had been dying to see anyway
  • There was only one theater where that movie was playing
  • You decided to meet up with him at the theater because you had to go home and get your money because no way was Joe paying for your ticket again
  • You got there before him so you were sitting in the middle of the lobby people watching 
  • You heard a somewhat familiar-ish voice
  • You saw a very familiar face
  • You said, "_____?"
  • He said, "Chessie?"
  • You both exclaimed, "What are you doing here?!"
It was Yummy-Smelling Boy!! In my hometown. At my theater. At the same I was there. We exchanged pleasantries, numbers, tentative plans to hang out should he come down again and should I go up to Logan. And except for the fact that he was going to Toy Story 3, the whole event was quite serendipitous. I got giggly when Joe and I got to our theater, and he mercilessly made fun of me and called me a girl. It's true. I was.

So what do you think?
Fateful?
Should this crush train leave the station?
Haha!

10 comments:

Steven Cain said...

Uh...Duh. The Universe has spoken...You are soooo on board.

And to Joe...Like guy's don't ever do that?

Emmy said...

This is most exciting, Chessie! Best of luck with this!

Kayce said...

It has to be delicious smelling fate. I don't see how there could be any other explanation...

jen@ricochet said...

YES! THAT is what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Imagine, if you will, a delicious smelling date, eventually, a delicious smelling wedding, then, naturally, delicious smelling children!

That would be one pungent happily ever after!!!

You go Chess! :)

Lindsay said...

dear chess,
i sent him to you so you could make a move, now would you PLEASE GO FOR IT!!!
that is all.
yours truly,
fate

Anonymous said...

Go for it Chess!! Fate works in mysterious ways!

Spratt said...

That is indeed a fortunate turn of events. I would probably hold off on boarding the crush train until he actually follows through with some of those hangout plans you mentioned. Guys can be dumb sometimes(most of the time) so don't get ahead of him.

ThatDamnCat said...

Go for it, it can never go more than to hell ;D

suzy said...

i love crushes. yikes.
gooooood luuuu--uuuuck.... :D

Whitney said...

OOOOH LA LA!

And why haven't you been on MSN lately? Loser.