I do like my job.
Especially when a cute little three-year-old girl with pigtails
slipped her hand into mine,
looked up at me with her huge blue eyes and said,
"I wuv you!"
I melted into a puddle among the spilled corn and rice.
And then her older sister,
rolled her eyes in the world-weary way
that only an eleven-year-old can muster,
heaved an exasperated sigh, and said,
"Markie loves everybody."
I could've let that get me down.
I could've hung my head and realized
I am only one of a bajillion generically loved people.
But no!
I held my head high,
and with a big smile
I told Markie and her sister
that it's okay to love everybody.
In fact, you should.
So let that be a lesson to all of you:
Be like a three-year-old child.
♥ ♥ Love EVERYONE around you ♥ ♥
No matter what _____________.
[fill in the blank yourself]



10 comments:
Oh, Chess! That was so cute :) Thank you for sharing that with us! I'm having a terrible day today, and I think that's what I needed to hear today ;)
Aren't you the luckiest girl in the world?
You just met the one person who loves everyone!
What an honor.
Generic, little kid love is way better than poop.
You wearing rubber gloves now? I'm still getting shivers...eeeyuck!
oh such a wonderful story! thanks for sharing! i don't blame you at all for melting, and what a good response to the 11-year-old
LITTLE KID LOVE >>>>> Everything else
When I was leaving my school for the year, one of the girls asked if I'd sign her folder because she wanted "to remember [me] forever." I about lost it.
My mom says it best: "When kids say they love you, they really don't lie."
I worked at a summer-kindergarten-like-thing a few years back. It was wonderful. Childrens view on the world is so amazing and they love to share it with you. It's impossible not to smile around them :)
This made me smile, and induced me to read some of your other posts, and I just have to say, they made my day. Thank you for having such a positive outlook on life, as it inspires other people to have them as well (namely, me :) ). I've followed your blog, I hope you don't mind, because I need a good shot of positivity in the butt sometimes...lol
C.
My fiancé is a big fan of sailing and the buttons give me the ability to make some old style sailing clothes. :) The keys can be used for details in clothes, works great as jewellery for steampunk as well :)
Kids are too cute.
:). that's sweet. and i love that last line...love everyone. very good advice for the day. thank you my dear. :)
Post a Comment