You make girls act ridiculous.
You know that, right?
Case in point. FHE. Stake talent show on Monday night. Middle school auditorium. The following is a transcript of the conversation I shamelessly watched and listened to as it took place right in front of me.
Guy: Who are you saving that seat for?
Girl: My one true love.
Guy: Oh him.
Girl: Except he doesn't know he's my one true love. Did I tell you?
Guy: Tell me what?
Girl: He said eight words to me today! (Counts them on her fingers.) "Hey, do you have a fax machine here?" I said, "No, but there's one in the Dean's office." Yeah. I was at work.
Guy: (Sarcastically.) Wow.
Girl: Hey! You don't even know. It totally made my day!
Eight words, guys. That's all it takes.
You ask about fax machines and maybe flash a smile,
and we melt into puddles of adoring goo.
How do you do it?
A better question. Addressed to the few males who read this.
What makes you melt into a puddle of adoring goo?
Assuming guys can melt.
I hear it's possible.
Enlighten me...



7 comments:
I've got a low melting point Chess, so I don't know if I count. But, I'd say goofy gets me quickest. If she's goofy AND smart...at least quick witted...I'm useless for a month.
hahaha so true. that happens so often.
that and the nicknaming of the guy you are adoring that has no idea you adore him - so you and your friends can refer to him in code that makes you feel rad. It comes to the point where its rare the roommates refer to anybody by their real name anymore
Well, what gets me is when a girl doesn't have social inhibitions, specifically relating to acting childish. If I see a girl tightrope walking along a gutter singing, or wearing bright colours, with big, fun earrings, then I'm giddy. Especially if she's 25+.
:)
Because girls are silly :) we are!
I melt over surprise calls/texts/emails that are random and caring and over flowing with optimism.
See I'm not that bitter.
Chess,
I love your blog, your post about boys was so funny as i read it i honestly couldn't stop laughing because i started thinking of all the times that i have turned to goo. =) Now i have to ask my Finace what turns him to goo. Hes not really a softy type guy though so he might not have goo moments. But you don't mind if i create a blog about goo moments? I will add your name and make sure that those who read my blog can know where i first got the reference. is that ok?
great post!
=D
For me, it is when a girl actually expresses interest, shows that she enjoys my company, and looks forward to the time we spend together.
It is the most wonderful thing in the world to feel wanted.
Conversely, far too often when I become interested in a girl and ask them out, they make me feel as though I am imposing upon them, or that they are merely tolerating my presence until the evening is over. Even if I have been a complete gentlemen, and tried my best to provide a nice evening for them, I don't feel as though my efforts are appreciated.
Sincere gratitude is very attractive and goes a long way with me.
Post a Comment