Shhhh....
I have to turn in a draft of a paper today. It's a paper for my Shakespeare class. It's due at 1:30. Guess how much I've written?
If you said zero, you guessed correctly!
Oops.
Can you blame me? First of all, my class stinks. Second, gLee premiered last night, and I'm sorry, King Lear had to make way for Finn and Mr. Schuester. We had a gLee party, and Abbs and I dressed up as Rachel and Tina, and we. looked. AWESOME. (Pics to come later--when I don't have a paper due in three hours.) Third, I just finished reading the play this morning at 7:40. And then I fell asleep until 9:20.
Bad, bad me.
But I just had to thank you all for the kind encouragement and emails sent to me this weekend! My church lesson went wonderfully and I didn't have to picture anybody naked! I'm so glad. (Naked people are scary.) In fact, I wasn't nervous at all! If I ever get a calling as Relief Society teacher, I can hold my head up high and accept with confidence. Sunday School is a whole 'nother story. Haha.
So now I must run and scribble three pages or so of nonsense in the next two and a half hours. I will come back with a proper post soon!
Love you Groupies!
Chess
PS. Thanks to Brittany of Rhapsodizing Moments for the lovely shout-out this morning. We've never met, even though we go to the same school and are both English majors (she's a tech writer and will therefore make money in her lifetime), but she's a loyal commenter and an even better blogger. I love reading her blog because I can relate to the funny things she talks about.... like embarrassing boys at the grocery store. Read that post {here}. I like it cos I'll know it's only one of three stores that she could possibly be talking about. You know? It's the whole small world kinda thing.... so go check it out!



6 comments:
Don't worry! We're English Majors; we're only human, easily distracted, prone to procrastination, and have a secret love of Sparknotes :P Good luck on your essay!
Hehe I have a degree in English lit and relied on Sparknotes for my Shakespeare class. This is life, I never wrote a paper more than 48 hours before it was due!
I soo feel this post! I hope you finished it! And we love you too!
You'll get the paper done. I have faith in you.
And I totally concur with the whole English major thing. I'm thinking of going back to school and getting my degree in English.
People keep asking me what I want to do with it.
Uh...
awesome! i'm a gLeek too! i ended up staying up until 3, but that's not nearly as awesome as you--7 am? rock on girl.
also, you just got me another follower! thanks, man!
"Dolphins are just gay sharks"
I love glee.
Post a Comment