On Friday night, I went and ate where I work, because it's cheap. Yay, employee discounts! One of my coworkers liked what I was wearing (cos we never see each other in street clothes), and she asked me if I "was one of those super colorful types." I looked down at myself. I was wearing pink, silver, and gold embroidered flats, blue jeans, a hot pink belt, a purple shirt, a multicolored long necklace, and I'm sure I was wearing bright earrings. Then she reminded me how I wore a yellow headband, pink earrings, a turquoise hair tie, and a purple ribbon a few days before.
I laughed.
I guess I am.
I'm a pretty colorful person.
I love wearing them and I love seeing them.
Especially on rainy days up at school.
That's when I wear every color that can possibly go together.
And I love eating colorful things too.
Which makes...
This Week's Kitchen Adventure:
Mango Slaw with Cashews and Mint [recipe found here]
Um. So, so, so delicious. I couldn't get enough of it. It's so crispy and light and refreshing, with such an amazing tangy bite to it. A perfect summer snack! Smitten Kitchen is one of my favorite blogs to read because even though there are plenty of baking recipes, there's such a variety of other things to make. I've got my eye on so many other recipes. Definitely check it out!
(See the pretty colors?!)
I've decided you need colorful tools to match your colorful food. Remember my purple knife? Well, I bought a cheap little mandolin grater to match it.
But I ended up using only the knife, because the mangoes were a bit too ripe to use the mandolin grater. Oh well, I can still use it for other things. And for whatever stupid reason, the red bell peppers were out at the store, so I bought an orange one. Who runs out of red bell peppers?!! I ask you. I also added a tablespoon of lemon juice to the lime just because I felt like it.
And boy, did I snack on those cashews.
Mmmmm... my favorite!
(Drooling just thinking about it!)



8 comments:
Your colorful attitude just brightens my day, Chess! You're so fun!
Mango slaw looks soooo yummy! (and of course it was wonderul getting to see the purple knife again :P)
Just in time for lunch! Look out you, posing your salad and stuff... Pretty!
Wow, now that looks like a conversation piece at the dinner table. :)
Oh, and I'm one stick of softened butter away from trying out that strawberry bread recipe you posted. :D
Colorful is awesome!!
i love, love, love mixing random colors. everytime i do it i get compliments. sometimes husband calls me a rainbow. whatevs. just another thing you & i have in common :)
yum!
and i agree with the dressing colorful!
you brighten up that campus!
yahoo! :)
Um, you have a purple knife...consider me jealous.
P.S. That looks delicious. I love recipes! :D
The cashews in this look so good! I'm so excited for your cooking adventures. Now more desserts!
Post a Comment