Thursday, July 15, 2010

Holy Fat Lip!!!

I don't know what it is with bugs destroying my face in the middle of the night, but either a mosquito or something heinous snuck into my room and decided to give me the kiss of death.

He was probably the bug from last summer's facial debacle, 
and I think he decided to pay me another visit.
On my mouth.

Oh. My. Word.


The swelling has spread across most of my top lip.
That lip is usually only slightly plumper than the bottom.

Have you ever seen anything uglier?
AND I have to work today at noon!
It is 8:20 as I type!

How will I get any good tips at all,
if I'm not cute and adorable for all those
walker-pushing senior citizens?

How?
HOW??

More importantly, what if this lasts until tomorrow?
Oh, the horror!

9 comments:

Emmy said...

Chessie, fat lip or no, you're still going to win over everyone because of your bubbly personality and your overall sweetness. If all they care about is the quality of your lips, then they're not worth worrying about! ;)

Spratt said...

If anyone asks about it, I think it would be funny to tell them that your plastic surgeon went a little overboard on the collagen implants, and that you will NOT be going back there again.
Or you could just tell them the truth...but the truth is boring. ;)

Lindsay said...

tell your sad story, maybe you will get pity tips

Steven Cain said...

Thanks for the medical journal close up... ouch!

I agree, shoot for the pity tips.

As for tomorrow... this is sooo a scene from a chick flick. You can't make this kind of thing up. The swelling will be gone by then... Won't it? It will. I'd seriously be sleeping in a beekeeper hat though tonight.

Benedril? Does that help with this kind of allergic reaction?

Brought to you by the word horde, which, is how much I'm saying, "Please fat lip, go away, don't come back... ever."

Spratt said...

Good call on the benadryl, that should get your lips all normal by tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Goin' for the Angelina Jolie look, eh? :)

stephanie clara said...

Or you say you're related to Angelina Jolie...

jen@ricochet said...

I feel your pain! This totally happended to me!!!

I was at a youth conference and we slept under the stars, in the GRASS!!!

I woke looking just like that. Everyone laughed at me. And I couldn't talk right.

I ate breakfast and went to rinse off my plate with the hose. I found that a guy was already using it. As I approached he looked up and I saw that he had a fat lip too! Except his was the bottom.

All we could do was laugh. We looked pitiful!

Amy said...

I am so sorry, dear heart!!! Remember the story of the incredible shrinking eyes from cat allergy that happened to Kadence on my letters to lizzie blog? Yeah, that really happened to me. In junior high.
Worst day of my life.
Why do things have to happen to our faces? Why cant bugs just bite us on the back of the knee or on the pinkie toe?
Hang in there!!!