I will not marry you.
But thank you for the offer.
Please understand,
it's totally you and not me.
I just need someone closer to my age,
who can whirl me around a dance floor.
I just don't think you and I can have that kind of relationship.
But I'll be happy to get you a fresh glass of iced tea,
and an ice-cream cone.
Those are the kinds of questions you can ask me.
:-)



10 comments:
maybe you should have first informed about the heritage before being so cruel to the poor darling
You should just marry him for his money. He won't last much longer, and then you will be LOADED! You will never have to work again, and then you can spend all your time at swanky affairs, socializing with rich, single men, who love kids, and happen to be fabulous dancers. This may be your one shot at true happiness. ;)
Hahahah...YES! Marry him for his money! I love it!
I feel the same way about the homeless and the drunkards that propose in the ER.
Our big boss told us in a meeting once to report nice comments that are made to us. I asked if marriage proposals counted and she thought I was joking! Jeez...
Really, it's like, get a job and take a shower, let me think about getting a divorce, and maybe, JUST maybe you can take me home to mom. :)
Woo! Go old man!
Flattering when old men ask you to marry them... in a creepy sort of way.
Cute post, very funny!
You never disappoint, Chess.
Oh, Chessie. I miss you. I thought of you when Eclipse came out. And I wondered, did you finish your paper for Sinor?
And I might agree, marry him for the money...you can always find love later...unless you've been in touch with yummy smelling boy recently. Then holding out for love just might be worth it =)
Hahaha, Chess. It's always the sweet/sometimes-creepy old men that ask. I get that a lot, too. The guys will come up and be all, "If I was only 40 years younger!" or, "If I were single and didn't have a family, I would marry you in an instant. And I don't mean to disrespect you or anything." And I'm always all, "Haha, aw, thanks." *over-sized, uncomfortable smile*
Awkwaaarrddd... LOL
You just reminded me about something I'd forgotten about.
I had a regular at Wally World who was an old man. He liked my glasses and thought I was adorable. He even bought me one of those long stringy things to hold my glasses (it was faux pearls, LOL).
Old men are just drawn to me like whoa. Why can't guys my age see what they see?
I feel ya, Chess.
Ever hear that dinosaur song by Kesha? This post made me think of it.
I second that comment of mr. rick above! Check out that Kesha song and next time you see the little old man you can start singing it to yourself or just laugh right out loud! :)
I get told by old ladies all the time that with my "beautiful red hair" I must have ladies chasing after me in droves. Unfortunately that is not the case. Perhaps old people just think everyone young is attractive.
Post a Comment