Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What to Blog?

Why don't you tell me?

We could have a vote... I could have a poll thingy on the sidebar. How about you tell me what topics I could blog about and then I'll put them up in a poll... then you can vote, and then I'll write about it...

Like, you could say, "Chess, I nominate that you should write about how you were born in Taiwan but ended up here, but you don't speak Chinese, but Spanish is your second language."

or

"Chess, why don't you show us pictures of you back in high school so we can appreciate the fact that you're slightly better-looking now?"

or we could try out a sample for my old idea of a slightly satirical advice blog called Pester Chester (I'm still toying with the idea of creating it)...

"Dear Chess, I'm going to the gym today, and I can't decide how to do my hair: straight and down, or a perfectly curled up-do. What do you think? Love, Fat and Frizzled."

Since finishing The Poisonwood Bible, about the Congo's fight for independence from Belgium, I have been inspired to write my next post according to the voice of the Groupies. This is not to say that I'm the equivalent of Belgium. Or that I'm a dictator put into power by a CIA coup. I'm just a blogger who gets the occasional writer's block...

So...

Leave your nomination for a topic in the comments!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of the above! I like all the ideas!

You could also do a country swing post. Take pictures of when you go and tell us about the creepiest guy you've ever danced with!

Spratt said...

I like dating stories. Good dates, bad dates, current crushes, former crushes, etc.

Steven Cain said...

Oh. Yes. 'Pester Chester'. Brilliant.

"... and yet, even with 'writer's block', her posts are witty and informative."

Topics, schmopics... just write more often.

Kayce said...

I love Pester Chester as well. And I also nominate people watching and graduated life (I still can't imagine it).

Jason & Shannon said...

Do all of them, they all sound so interesting, and it would give you material to last a little while!

Anonymous said...

Spanish is your second language? I vote for that haha! Don't think you've done any cooking blogs for a while either...I like reading those. :3

Heather Hudson said...

All of the above! I miss your cooking blogs though. I also want to hear dating stories... and Pester Chester! Love you girl!!!