Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mormon Humor à la Chess (Part 2)

Disclaimer: Probably only LDS people like myself will get this story. 

Roomie M's boyfriend does not get my sense of humor. No... it's not that he doesn't. It's that he WON'T. He just always seems so disapproving of my jokes. He will not smile. He will not laugh. I just can't appreciate people who can't appreciate how hilarious I am. He bothers me so much sometimes that I made the previous sentence my Facebook status. I'll have you know seven people "Liked" it. See? Those people appreciate my witty remarks.

I'm serious though. He is the biggest stick-in-the-mud when it comes to interacting with me. I'm trying to be his friend for M's sake, but he's making it impossible for me to want to. I'm a teasing person. I make jokes. I like to tease you and give you a slightly difficult time. It's my love language, y'all. You don't like it, well, go be friends with someone else. Someone more boring and less clever.

So let's talk about Sunday. And how I'm funny. And how Roomie M's boyfriend is a doof. Roomie C and I were accompanying Roomie M and her freshman brother to her hometown, because she was giving a little talk later that afternoon at a fireside. Boyfriend came along too. I almost yelled, "Shotgun, no battle!!" just to be funny, but I knew that wouldn't be received well. So I hunkered down in the middle of the backseat, right over the hump, because that's what short friends do.

Freshman brother told us about this Young Men's camp he went to before graduating high school, and Boyfriend followed up Freshman's story with a camp story of his own. All you need to know is that this camp was called "Sons of Mosiah."

I grinned and asked in a deadpan tone, "Sons of Mosiah pre- or post-angel-appearance?"

Boyfriend just glared at me.
COME ON!!
That's funny!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA! That's a glare I'd be completely satisfied with. You are hilarious. And the fact that you know it and expect others to know it is awesome :) Good job!

Kelli said...

Bahahahaha :-)

Unknown said...

Chessie, your hilarious humor is way under appreciated! I would have snorted ;)

Spratt said...

You are right, that is funny. The fact that they went to a camp called "Sons of Mosiah" is pretty funny on its own. I wonder what sorts of things they do at camps like that.

Sarah said...

That's great! :D

CocoShirley said...

hahahah LOVE.

and I love your blogs new make up
yes I mean make up like female paint. not like how it is made.

Shayna said...

What! It IS funny. I don't know how your roommate can be around someone with NO sense of humor. Byt the way I really like the blog makeover, expecially the text. I just watched a winnie the pooh movie and it made me so happy. :)

Steven Cain said...

Okay... only since I can't/won't use the real deal on your blog Chess, I am so LMAO. Brilliant.

Kayce said...

I'm so glad we're friends.

Breelyn said...

If I could "Like" this blog post I totally would! Busted a gut laughing and then had to read out loud to Nolan to explain why I was cracking up.

Amy said...

Funny. Yes. Definitely funny. Especially because the dude is a total flobberworm.

I wish I was there so I could laugh and needle him some more.