- A tomato and mayonnaise sandwich (Harriet the Spy) -- Delicious! You need salt and pepper and a little mustard for sure, though.
- Creamed potatoes and peas (Understood Betsy) -- Om nom nom!
- Orange juice and Coke (The Boxcar Children Series) -- Meh...
- Popcorn and milk (Farmer Boy) -- Two of my favorite foods... what's not to love?!
I can't remember any more at the moment, but...
What crazy/funny things have you eaten or done
because you read about it in a book?



5 comments:
I read a webcomic (Penny Arcade) a while back that suggested "carrot cake soup", which was essentially diced carrot cake in a bowl of milk.
It was pretty good. Me and my sister tried it.
Oh! 'Farmer Boy'... scewered apples roasted in a fire. Delish. There's a lot in that book.
And Hemingway... I'm getting hungry just thinking about 'Islands in the Stream'.
Milk and Pepsi... but that was TV, 'Laverne and Shirley'...way before your time.
Of course all the things that you dreamed about eating after reading 'Willy Wonka'... that were never quite as amazing when somebody tried to make them for reals.
umm movie? Parent Trap with lindsay lohan - oreo and peanut butter. changed my life. so good.
butterbeer - harry potter haha does that count?
I need to think about this and come back and comment. I feel like everything I do is because of a book haha
Yup, ditto with the Butterbeer (it's not that impressive... but maybe it's my American palate.)
Also--green eggs and ham! :) (yay food coloring!)
One of my profs said his kids made him green eggs and ham for his birthday and he saved it until it got moldy. :D
Post a Comment