Monday, August 16, 2010

The Secret Life of Cops

Occasionally, during my jaunts about the neighborhood, I will see cops staking out the corners in their little cop cars. It's at times like these that I'm so glad I don't have a car. I can never get a speeding ticket, you see! Isn't that just the best?!

Inside these little cop cars, there are cute little computers hooked up.

Here is a nice example:
image found via Google

I've always wondered what they do on these computers. I know, I know, you'll probably say, "Well, duh, they are looking up _______ and _______, and all your personal information." 

Well, here's what I say to that!!

You're probably right.

But I don't think that's all! See, I have this theory that they secretly all have Facebook accounts, and when they are super bored, they stalk each other's pages and update their profiles.

For example:

Officer A is super bored and really wants a donut.
Officer B and 2 others like this.
  • Officer B Like, I know, right? 
  • Officer C Custard-filled, please!
  • Officer D Check out this YouTube video of a DUI! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wajrQBtbb-c
  • Officer E You idiot! That's fake!
  • Officer D Really?!! Oops.
OR

Interests: Writing tickets, the colors red and blue, donuts, bulletproof vests, police procedural dramas...

OR

Officer B's Photo Albums

Mah 1st Arrest! Holla!!
By Officer B
In this album: Officer B, Officer C, Officer D, Officer M
Album Comments
  • Officer M OMG, ur just totes amazing! so glad we celebrated
  • Officer B We are sooo cute! Luv u, babe! 
  • Officer D lol that guy's hair was so ugly, no wonder you arrested him
  • Officer B hahaha he got sooooo mad when I took the pics of him in the backseat
OR

Facebook Chat

Officer A He was speeding! 3:38 PM
Officer E Dude, I know! Go get him! 3:38 PM
Officer A Heck no. Dude it's your turn. Oh crap he's gone. 3:39 PM
Officer E You're such a slacker. 3:40 PM


Okay. So maybe I'm just being rude. 
Sorry cops. I know there is more to your job than meets my eye.

Or IS there?!?!


13 comments:

Rie Teemant said...

oh dear Chessie. I won't be surprised when they come to pick you up. hahaha

Emmy said...

Chessie, having several cops in my family, I an assure you that there's more to their jobs than just facebook and donuts... :P

But, I'm sure that there are plenty of police officers that perfectly fit your perfect description, dear! :D

You have no idea how badly I want a donut right now, lol.

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHA! I laughed so hard when I read this. I remember that there were a few cops who would come into the drive-thru at McD's and I'd always take this amazed five-year-old peek into the car and look at their equipment.

But OMG, the funniest of all: Mah 1st Arrest! Holla!

I would do something like that if I was a cop. Hence, why I'm not a cop. :P

Lindsay said...

i'm glad you have chosen to expose cops for the frauds that they are! it's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it (i'm just glad it wasn't me). do you think that i can be considered an accessory by way of this comment?

Spratt said...

I love it Chess! I just referenced your post in one of my own! :)

stephanie clara said...

Noone makes me love like you, you're the best

Erica & Benjamin said...

The police officers I worked with this summer were always using their computers to file accident reports, procedures, tickets, weekly logs, etc...

Amy said...

Hilarious! Sorry, not much else to say. You're just plain fabulous.

KK said...

BWAHAHAHA. ROFLOLing for five minutes!! You cracks me up, Chess! ;D ;D

Rick said...

This is hilarious! I can't stand cops. Their statuses would be like that.

andrea said...

Oh how I laughed right outloud with this post! Too funny!!

CocoShirley said...

hahahah YES! I love this so much

Huy Tran said...

HAHA funny post indeed. x)