Monday, August 23, 2010

Not Been My Day, Month, or Even My Year...

I worked a double on Saturday--my legs are still feeling the after effects. I was so tired on Sunday that I misjudged the distance and totally crunched someone's bumper backing out of a driveway. I woke up this morning with a sore throat, no voice, and a nasty, puffy right eye. That means no work today! THAT means no Thai food tonight! Instead, nasty OTC drugs are on the menu.

Ugh. Why? Why now?

I need NOT to crunch bumpers. I NEED to work today. Most importantly, I NEED Thai food.

*whimper*

10 comments:

Kayce said...

Yucky...hope you feel better soon.

stephanie clara said...

thyme leaves in hot water. really.

Anonymous said...

Whimper indeed. I'm sorry! No fun! Get better quickly! Lots of water!

Rick said...

Eww, pink eye is the worst. Feel better! Everything has been nutty. I think it is an end of summer thing.

Anonymous said...

Nooooes!! Honey lemon anything is good for the throat. I've had to find innovative ways to cure laryngitis over the years as a voice major. Now that I'm not, I feel liberated enough to have laryngitis and not care. (Sometimes, we just NEED to stop talking, haha.)

It always sucks after an accident! Feel better Chess!

CocoShirley said...

oh chess :( my absence from the blog world for the majority of the summer has made me miss out on so many of your adventures. I returned to your page today hoping to see great things. this is NOT what I like to see haha
this just means youre going to have a ridiculously awesome week next week. Logan will give you a big hug o' love

(and the bumper probably deserved it)

suzy said...

feel better!

Amy said...

Crappy dappy. Wish I could make it better by saying something hilarious or inspiring!

Instead, you'll have to settle for my heartfelt sympathies and hopes that you'll feel better quickly and that tomorrow, you'll have the best day ever that will more than make up for all this crappy dappiness!

Emmy said...

*HUGS!* Hope everything is better today, dear :( Sounds like luck was just not on your side...But don't worry, it can only get better, right? ;)

KK said...

That is really weird. I think there is some kind of summer flu bug floating around or something, because I had a sore throat and (very minor) sinus infection around the same time. :-o And you know it was a nasty bug, too, because I *never* get sick, so this one must have been out to get EVERYONE. Hope those symptoms cleared up post-haste!