Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Today is a letter-writing day!

It's the kind of slow, aimless, hot day where I pull out my personalized stationary and pens and stickers and envelopes and I write letters. And it's kind of great, because we use my grandpa's old stamps--stern-looking men in long grumpy mustaches--and so to get the correct postage, you pretty much have to cover the entire envelope because each stamp doesn't add up to much. (Don't worry, we're using the worthless ones!)

So maybe you will be one to get a letter in a few days! A letter whose stern, mustachioed exterior will be undercut by the cheerful words within. I love using the word "undercut." Makes me feel all English-majory, you know? Especially since I'm all nostalgic now that my friends are going back to school. Sigh.

Anywayz. All I wanted to ask was if you want to be on my letter-writing list for future letter-writing days? If you do, feel free to email me your street address. Only if you trust me and are comfortable doing that, though!!

Have a lovely Tuesday and first week of school to everybody!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

It's awesome you're writing real letters - sometimes I feel like we're losing that skill. If you respond to this comment via email and give me your address I'll write you a letter and you can write me back! Cool?

The Spaghetti Westerner said...

I think the fact that you're writing real, honest to goodness letter speaks to your credibility as a writer. It's such a lost art! I love finding people who still do it. Rock on!

Heather Reese said...

My 7 year old needs to work on writing skills. He has no idea that I run Blogger Idol, and would probably get all hyped up if he got a letter from a 'Blogger Idol FInalist' in the mail, wanting to be his pen pal! I'll email you my address :)

Steven Cain said...

Uh... Yes.

momnextdoor said...

I used to write "real" letters to my Aunt when I was in college. It was just something about using a pen and paper and not having "backspace" to fix your mistakes that made it so much more personal.

I think you are cool.