Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My First Love...

My friend Leslie wrote about her first love/kiss today. So I took a leaf out of her book--or is it a post out of her blog--and decided to do the same.

I am most positively certain that my first love was this man:


Gilbert Blythe, just in case you bumpkins missed the memo. Except I must clarify that I fell for Book!Gilbert Blythe long before I saw the movies. It's because of him that I absolutely must marry a boy who is book-nerdy, and mischievous, who laughs a lot and doesn't like run-of-the-mill girls, because I fancy myself not one of them. Smile.

Speaking of which, yesterday and today, I rewatched both of the Anne of Green Gables movies (not the third, I don't like it), and I am now rereading the entire series. Don't worry, I have already wept copious tears during my enjoyment of both medias.

Sigh. It's so lovely to read because I want to.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

omgosh YES! It must be why we have similar taste in men, Chess :D Anne of Green Gables is my all time favourite classic, though I must admit I watched the movie first before I ever touched the books... *happy sigh* For some reason I have the 3rd movie but not the 1st or 2nd :S time to go to the video store! :)

Kayce said...

One of the first sets of books I, not my parents, owned. I had a serious little girl crush on Gilbert Blythe. Can't wait to read them again after I GRADUATE!
Oh, and I'm certain you'll be a lovely parent to deal with...why can't you have troubled teenage children in my high school classes now? :)

Rick said...

I've never heard of this person before! Guess I never saw Anne of Green Gables.

Amy said...

Awe. My first love was a boy named Adam. Cutest boy in the second grade. I didn't get over him till sixth grade, when I started liking Todd because my friend Nicole liked him. That didn't last long because then I started liking Jake, who wasn't even really that cute, just kind of one of those "bad boys." Then there was Travis who lived behind me, then Michael who was HAWT!, then Wes who was a huge jerk and I have no idea why I liked him.

this is all up until high school. Don't worry, none of these boys liked me back. I was only boy crazy, not boyfriend crazy. I was a good girl and didn't date boys until I was 16. :)

Charlie said...

I was just helping my mom go through our books and found a copy of Anne of Green Gables and decided I was going to put it on my summer reading list. What a sweet story. I hope you find your Gilbert someday and if he has a brother, cousin, or even cute friend send him my way.

Erica & Benjamin said...

I had the BIGGEST crush on him clear through high school!!!!!!!!! "Carrots!!!"

Anonymous said...

I desperately want to go back to my pleasure reading!! I'm in the middle of Pride and Prejudice (2nd time) for school. Next is Othello, UGH! Summer can't come quickly enough.

Whitney said...

Chessie! We should have watched Anne of Green Gables together. I got it for Christmas and I've been wanting to watch it for ages, but no one will watch it for me.

People that don't like Anne of Green Gables are heathens.