Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dear Future Husband,

I hereby forbid you to propose on Christmas. Do you hear me, Mr. Chester? Forbid. I'll say no. That is not a threat. That is a promise.  How about when the weather is particularly horrible and nothing special is going on? January 23?

Love,
Chess

PS. Don't even think about Valentine's Day.


(No offense to the host of friends (including my BFF) who got engaged in the last two days. Congratulations to you all!!)

11 comments:

Steven Cain said...

Seriously. Just how, trying-to-kill-two-birds-with-one-stone,(pun intended)is that?

Emmy said...

I wouldn't want my big proposal date overshadowed by a holiday, either. (Please take note of this, Mr. Emmmy).

Unknown said...

I think it's funny when people purpose on Valentines Day. Especially at Valentines Day Institute dances. It cracks me up!

Breelyn said...

If it makes you feel better, my aunt just got married... On Christmas day... Lame. Lame. Lame!

Spider Man said...

OUCH! Well....I loved it. Couldn't have made a better Christmas memory.

suzy said...

that's what i always said too. not on Christmas, not on my birthday, not new year's, not valentine's day, not groundhog's day, nothin.


march 12th. good day.

Anonymous said...

You mean you had MORE than ONE friend get proposed to this Christmas? YIKES!

I was listening to the radio on the way to school one morning when a woman called into the show. She was TERRIFIED that her boyfriend of 3 years (who lives with her and is "good" to her daughter [not his, another relationship]) would propose to her on Christmas. It was apparently a family tradition. Christmas, in my opinion, is probably the worst holiday to propose on. I mean, proposing on a holiday could be valid (say you met at a fourth of July barbecue or something) but I agree that it should be its own special day.

Wow, that was long. Sorry Chess!!

Amy said...

AMEN!!!

I told my husband I hated cliche proposals... he was forbidden to propose to me at the temple, for example.

Creativity is the best! Bret proposed to me at the place where he took me on our first date. I knew it was coming of course, but it was great!

Rie Teemant said...

I'm not so much against the holiday proposal as I am the "in front of the family" proposal. His or mine. I want to have the right to say no without all the pressure right there. In fact the one time I brought a boy with me for Christmas, everyone kept hinting that he had bought me such a nice gift and I was TERRIFIED it was going to be a ring. No proposals in front of other people.

THassur said...

Pretty much against it after my girlfriend told me the exact same thing.

Natasha and Jesse said...

I agree on both accounts...Christmas and Valentine's day.