Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thoughts on Wedding Luncheons.


It's like, way cool, or something, if you are close enough to the bride or groom to be considered "family" enough to get to go to the wedding luncheon that actually has the decent food. No offense to you, dinky little reception goodies.

But if the only person you know is the bride and/or the groom, well, then it's exactly like being the new kid in the cafeteria who has no friends to sit next to for lunch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww but who wouldn't want to sit next to Chessie? I would be snuggled right up to you in a heartbeat if I were there ;). They don't know who's company they are missing out on :).
xo

Unknown said...

I was in that situation recently. But I didn't know the bride and groom!

My gf knew the groom from high school. They dated for a while but it never got serious. She was Christian, he was Mormon. Both wanted the other to convert, and neither would. She 'what if's' form time to time but wouldn't change anything.

At the reception, he was still looking at my girl with a little fire in his eyes. It made me laugh a little, but the bride didn't like it. Needless to say, we didn't stay for long.

momnextdoor said...

I bet if you got up and started singing the birthday song it would break the ice. Just saying.