Friday, October 7, 2011

So I know having a fake boyfriend never works in the movies...

but sometimes I wish I were at least good at occasionally lying about having one.

I'm very slow on the uptake, oblivious really, and incredibly sweet and polite, so sometimes, I get myself into dangerous situations without even realizing it until it's too late, and my phone number has been wheedled out of me.

I guess my polyester restaurant apron and non-slip clunky shoes are just too alluring, and now I'm going out with a very large, very Polynesian, BYU football player FRESHMAN on Saturday. There are so many things wrong with the last part of that sentence. I'm gonna go into anaphylactic shock.

Crap.

8 comments:

Emmy said...

Haha; maybe it won't be that bad going out with a FRESHMAN, although, I can totally understand your concern. Personally, I would prefer to avoid younger men, myself. I really want someone right in my age bracket. But, back to you! Go. Have a good time. And of course, tell us about it all later :)

Remember, just because you go out on one date doesn't mean you have to go on a second. I wasn't thrilled with my blind date from last year, and I never went out with him again. No harm, no foul. ;)

Steven Cain said...

Polyester restaurant aprons... clunky shoes. Hot!

Does he line dance?

momnextdoor said...

I think it's really nice of you to date a Freshman just to give us something entertaining to read about! That's why you are doing it, right? You're such a dedicated blogger!

Amy said...

There's an ap for that.

Spratt said...

What you really need is a male friend who would be willing to assume the fictional role of boyfriend whenever necessary. As long as you had a standing arrangement with someone it would make it easier to say "I'm sorry, I'm dating someone right now..."
Then, if more evidence is required, you just need a code word to queue him into boyfriend mode. Like a phone call where you open with "Hi honey," or something to that effect.
If you need help, let me know. I like plotting and scheming.

Unknown said...

hahahaha! you poor girl! but your parents must be thrilled ;) deep breath and have fun :)

maremee said...

Just think, if it's really bad ... you'll have a great story and could possibly win contests (this is from someone with a lot of experience in this).

He must not be a very serious football player because there is a BYU football game Saturday night at 8 ... or maybe I just announced what you are doing. :)

Good luck!

Mrs. Tuna said...

BYU......that says it all.