You probably have a list or two--or is it circles?--of friends. You probably edit them every now and then. You know... divide the high school homies from the college ones... your besties from your acquaintances... purge a few you don't talk to...
Put people you can't delete juuuust yet onto a list that is blocked from seeing when you're online. That way you can talk to the cute boy without the annoying one possibly popping up and ruining your concentration. Not that I know anything about that. It's not like I have a list labeled "Nope" on my FB chat. No. This is all very hypothetical. (But if I were to have a list like that, rest assured there would only be two people on it.)
Oh dear. I hope I'm not on someone's "Nope" list.
I wish you could edit friends in real life. I would make all my dudes about 5'10" to 6'0". That way, when I hugged them, my face wouldn't be smashed against the bases of their ribcages. I would tweak it so they would happily go dancing with me once a month. I'd edit my roommate so she'd have more of a sweet tooth--then I wouldn't be forced to eat all the treats I make (kidding, Kate).
I'd erase the cellphones out of my married friends' hands, because what is the point of hanging out when all they do is text their husbands? I'd delete that ocean, or the multiple states, or the miles of asphalt and yellow paint that prevents me from seeing them when my heart is so homesick for them. I'd smudge out the bad memories and misunderstandings. Photoshop some second chances and retouch the good intentions.
It makes you wonder, doesn't it?
If the people looking at you are silently begging you to be the friend they need?



7 comments:
I have been thinking about this subject a lot lately.
Oh, the cell phone thing!! Can we apply this to ALL people in relationships? I can't stand it when we're having a girls' day and the girl with the boyfriend says "Aww, [insert boyfriend's name] misses me! I'm going to text him..."
Love it! And you should hang out with me. I won't even text my husband once. Promise.
Huh...
wow. now i feel bad about my "wall of shame" (the list of friend requests to which i have yet to respond. i kinda like to see how long it takes for them to retract it)
Oh, I'm all for the cell phone thing (do you guys call it mobile as well?)... my view is that when you are having lunch with someone, phones should be off... give then your full attention and show that their time and company is important to you! :)
I love this post.
Love it.
Love it.
Love it.
So true! Fabulous. You're fabulous.
Original writing (not with mobile or keyboard) makes me feel alive. we have been mechanical these days and I don't like it:(
I miss my pen and papers..:(
Post a Comment