Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Life Story -- Fred and Trudy: Part II

Fred and Trudy were both super old, twenty-eight and twenty-nine, respectively, or, in other words, on the verge of permanent bachelor/spinster-hood (by Mormon standards). And as such, they wasted no time in having many third-person essay-discussions about marriage, the temple, children, all that good stuff, starting from the second Friday of their dating.

By early November, Trudy recorded in her journal, "This guy likes me too much. I know we're going to get married, but I'm not going to admit to myself at least until December." If there is one thing to know about Trudy, it would be that she is, as they say, "stubborn."

But then again, so was Fred.

So by late-mid November, he inquired as to whether or not she had asked her parents when they could come to Utah for a wedding.

"No."

"On second thought, it's probably not fair to ask them to rearrange their calendar for a wedding that hasn't even been formally agreed on."

"Probably not."


"We had better formalize this; Trudy, will you marry me?"

"Yes."

"Now go call your parents."



To be continued...

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Fred, you're a funny guy :)

Spratt said...

That's a great engagement story! I like it quite a lot. I probably wouldn't do it like that, but it is a really great story. Was there a ring involved, or him getting down on a knee or anything? If your parents got married in the same era as my parents, it seems that many of those engagement traditions had fallen out of popular use.

Breelyn said...

Finally!!! I've been so anxiously waiting for the next installment. Now... when do we get more?

Also, SO cute! I have the same questions as Robby though. My mom swears that my dad never even formally proposed.

Unknown said...

How matter of fact! But good to get straight to the point I guess :). Same questions as Robby... I actually don't think I've asked my parents about their engagement story... I might just do that tonight :).

Charlie said...

So cute. I hope their is more of the story coming.

Kayce said...

I love your parents. I can't wait till their children start entering the story!

Elle Solace said...

hahahaha I love that dialogue. :D