Sunday, May 15, 2011

"Is there anything good that comes out of Utah?"

someone cracked today when I was introduced at my aunts' church (United Methodist) in Indiana.

I know Utah isn't the most popular state in Union, but really? Who says that to someone's face? It actually hurt my feelings. I don't think I've ever said something like that to anybody. Nor have I ever had such a surge of pride for my home before. I love Utah. I really do. I could go on all day about how great it is. And I would've, but then they started talking about letting our lights shine and being tolerant of each other's differences.

Sigh. Ironic.

It was an unfair question, but I cheerfully and immediately answered his question with a big smile on my face,

"ME!!"

6 comments:

Amy said...

Excellent answer, you awesome chica! How rude of that guy.
Seriously... not only a bunch of MY ancestors, friends, and loved ones come out of Utah but, um didn't, like HALF our modern day prophets come out of Utah??

I hope your quick retort gave that person the hugest slice of humble pie they've ever eaten.

Anonymous said...

Well said, Chester, well said.

Emmy said...

Lol; I love it, Chessie :) And you are for sure the best thing out of Utah! You're a darling :) :)

Charlie said...

I love Utah too and I'm glad you stood up for your state!

Whitney said...

Muahaha! It's true. Way to put him in his place.

Anonymous said...

:) Good. Tis true.