Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Miss Jack-of-all-Trades

I found a job...sort of. I guess my mom found it for me. I am working for her friend, Adriana. I'm tutoring her 13 year old son, Sam (he is obsessed with paintball), and doing housework. Once the kids are out of school for the summer, I'll be helping homeschool and nanny. I'll be doing crafts, reading, supervising them while they swim. I think it'll be fun.

So basically I am a nanny / teacher / laundress / tutor / cook / housekeeper / lifeguard. Cool beans. Call me SuperAsian! I think I need a cape or something equally authoritative. Maybe I can just tie my bathrobe with all the Chinese characters on it around my neck and run around the house. I'll fit right in. The three younger children are adopted from China. Very cute. Adriana and her husband are going to China this summer to adopt their fourth. This will make their ninth child. You MVHS choir buddies: remember Danny Cassani? Yeah, these are his siblings. Thank goodness the two oldest are married and gone, and the oldest two at home don't need supervision. I don't think I could stand it.

But I am excited. It will be a fun excitement-filled summer. I may be going with them to their beachhouse for a week in June. Don't get me started on how psyched I am for that. I'll get to play on the beach and get paid at the same time! What could be better than that? Pretty much nothing. She did offer to fly me to China so I could help out there, but I need money for school...not a paid trip. Oh, how I wished I could have taken her up on the offer! I hate being poor. This cursed universe has still not gotten the hint that they need to dump a pot of gold in my lap. Here's to hoping! :)

1 comment:

Mikey said...

wow. daniel cassanni. wasn't he kinda weird?.... but nice of course.