This, THIS, is what he was dressed in to come pick me up to do errands.
I shrieked, "Dad! What the hell are you wearing? Get back in the car!"
"But the blues go together, right?" No. No they did not.
I just closed my eyes, and we went to go buy peat moss and manure for the garden. He told me to go in to pay, so that "I won't embarrass you by going inside."
But after I came out, he asked me thoughtfully, "How does it make you feel when people are shorter than you? I mean, it must never happen for you. Do you feel a grand sense of success? I just bet it's so exciting for you."
Shut up, Dad.
Oh.
And Happy Father's Day.




3 comments:
Dads are so funny. I think there's something that happens when a man becomes a dad... all sense of style goes out the window... sense of humor becomes cheesy... and they all the sudden have the urge to say any random thought that comes to mind.
I think your story illustrates all of these points. Bravo to all dads of the world.
Times when you can really say you are adopted come in handy!! LOL!
I absolutely LOVE his outfit! Come on, the blues TOTALLY match! :-) Love it!!!
toooo funny! my mom used to not care about what she wore out and about... then my neighbor ladies and i had a little "intervention" with her and she always accessorizes and dresses cute no matter what!
Post a Comment