Friday, September 10, 2010

Solution to the Evil Known as a Car Alarm...

Stupid cars. And their stupid alarms blaring at unholy hours of the day. Stupid owners not coming out and shutting them off, because they can't tell if it's their stupid car's stupid alarm, or another stupid owner's stupid car's stupid alarm.

You know how it is. I know you know how it is. Don't even pretend to deny that I know you know how it is. Because we all know how it is.

I suppose a car alarm is a necessary evil. Kind of like toilet paper in a bathroom shared by five girls. Have to have it, can't live without it, but the roll has to be changed almost every day and a half. But somehow it's easier to leave the roll on the back of the toilet, instead of taking the two seconds to switch it out with the empty cardboard tube.... I mean, what? We are ALL in our twenties now!! It is NOT that difficult. Seriously.

Sorry. This is a rant about car alarms. 
Not toilet paper. Just in case you got confused.

Like I said, I suppose a car alarm is a necessary evil. So why couldn't it be like the alarm or ringtone on your cellphone? You program it with a song, one that will help you identify your own car. It should probably still be an obnoxious song, but perhaps it could have a beat and a backup vocals. That way, people can dance as they attempt to break into your car, or the people walking too close to your car won't be as scared to death when the alarm goes off. And they can bust a move too.

I think I would choose "Ice Ice Baby" for my car alarm. If I had a car. Obnoxiously catchy, and you can't help but dance. Also, it would help me keep my one silly talent honed and at the ready. Because you've never seen a 5'2" Chinese gringa rap those lyrics better than I can.

Seriously.

What would be YOUR car alarm?

10 comments:

Emmy said...

If I wanted something annoying that I would instantly recognize, my car alarm would have to be my the ringtone my roommate uses as an alarm in the mornings. I can't describe it, but its as annoying as hell. And of course, I know that if I heard it, I would instantly know that it was mine. Its a tune that gets stuck in your head and is hard to forget. :P

Anonymous said...

That's only the best idea ever!! We have a parking garage about two blocks away. The other day I went home (long story of why it was in the middle of the week) and someone's car alarm was going off. I came back 5 hours later, and it's still going off. You start thinking "Isn't the parking garage attendant SUPER ANNOYED BY NOW?" But apparently not.

Amy said...

LOL! Chessie, you are so awesome!

Totally agree on the toilet paper thing, btw.

And car alarms? I mean... do they even work? Every time I hear one, I ignore it. Doesn't everybody? If everyone ignores it, what's the point?

And for my car alarm I'd probably have a recording of someone screaming "AAHHHH!!! CREEPER TRYING TO STEAL TOYOTA COROLLA!! HELP, HELP!" it would go on to say "I don't want to go with you! You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny! You're not my owner! Help, help!"
Something like that.

Or, if it had to be music, I'd pick music from Pirates of the Caribbean. from the credits. Something loud and shocking. Although that might not deter someone from "comandeering" my vehicle.

Spratt said...

Best post ever!
Mine would play Rapper's Delight, by the Sugarhill Gang.

Unknown said...

For me: Anything by Korean girl band, 2NE1.

Kelsey M. said...

haha i HATE car alarms. so obnoxious. and please excuse me for not reading your wonderful blog as often these days. if i get to a computer, i'm lucky if i have enough energy to check my fb status. lol i'll be back soon, i promise!

Rick said...

There needs to be a better way to figure this out. Maybe like flashing lights and if you had a super expensive car, notify the authorities like a home security system. Noise doesn't help anything.

Krystal said...

Phantom of the Opera. Yup. Startling, yet you can't help but love it. My second option would probably be SOS from Abba-- because I personally think it'd be funny.

Hehe. Thanks for all your fun posts Chess.

KK said...

My car alarm would probably be the "Crazy Frog Song". It's so uberly-annoying, whoever was trying to steal/break-in to my car would run away screaming as their ears started to bleed, hehe.

But I agree that car alarms (as they are now) are next to worthless these days. Everyone pretty much ignores them. The women's defense tip in the decade-old chain email that encourages you to use the alarm as a means of signalling help if you get attacked...? PFFFTTTT. NOW, if your car alarm were "Ice Ice Baby", that might actually bring a few people running in anticipation of a flash mob. :D

Elle Solace said...

I have a history with "Ice, Ice, Baby." When I was little (really little, and didn't know any better) one of my cousins dressed me up and taught me how to dance and sing to Vanilla Ice. That was almost 20 years ago, and that side of the family still won't let me live it down. It's like my theme song.