I'm jealous of the middle-schoolers I work with.
I covet their snacks at snack time.
I do not have a snack time. If I want a snack, I have to provide for myself. Which is totally lame. College kids need a regular snack just like other kids do. What stinks is that there is always extra snacks left over in the cafeteria. Leftover chocolate milk, leftover rolls, leftover bananas, leftover cookies, leftover whatever.... Unfortunately, according to whatever legalese provides these snacks, nobody but the children is allowed to eat them, otherwise snack gets taken away.
I always bemoan the fact, and one time, I expressed a heartfelt desire for chocolate milk. That afternoon, one little kid (who will only converse in Spanish) heard me, and that afternoon, I found a chocolate milk carton sitting in front of me. I recognized it immediately as cafeteria contraband, and felt dangerous just poking it with a finger. (I have since been the recipient of additional cartons of mentor-banned chocolate milk.)
Should I have politely rejected the offer? Yes. Should I have returned the chocolate milk to the sweet little boy who only wanted to be helpful? Yes. Should I have urged him to quickly remove it from my sight and drink it? Yes.
Did I do these things?
No, I did not.
I opened it.
I swigged it. I swigged them all.
I.
Am.
A CRIMINAL!!!



4 comments:
hahahahahaha. Oh, man, Chessie. You naughty girl. The first year I worked there, there were snacks for the kids that we purchased with our money, and sometimes when the kids wouldn't want them, we could have them. and Donovan's mentor would always sneak his cheetos when he wasn't looking. It was priceless. But, yes it bothers me because a lot of times they just throw those leftover food away.
You devious little devil. My first year at after school club we could take all the chocolate milk we wanted. Year 2, they started counting it and we never had any. Probably one of the biggest reason I don't work there anymore.
Of course. So funny, I love this story! Way to take that milk from the kid!
Hahahahahaha!!! Oh Chess, you make me laugh.
Post a Comment